Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hey Omar! fuck your mom

Sorry I haven't been posting much loyal reader. I have been busy not doing my schoolwork on time.


Anyway, I'm not going to go into too much detail about the Lastings Milledge trade, because I spent most of my venom making comments on MetsGeek, and because my readership only marginally cares about the Mets.

Basically, Omar traded a talented outfielder, who is turning 23 next year for a catcher who hasn't been able to hit for 5 years (and whose defense is overrated and declining) and an ok outfielder who is 29 and has probably already hit his ceiling. Baseball-wise this is a terrible, indefensible trade that does not improve the Mets next year and will probably come back to haunt them in the years to come, especially considering we sent Blastings to a team in the NL east. Not to mention, this is only a superficial change asthe Mets have still not addressed their PITCHING!!! problem. If the Mets trade Jose Reyes for anything, even if it's like entire Marlins franchise, I am denouncing the Mets and becoming a Nationals fan.

I think the thing that really bothers me is that this feels like a non-baseball move, where the Wilpons told Omar to get rid of Blastings because of his supposed character issues. Except that I don't even really believe that Milledge had character issues, but was just a kind of cocky young guy who was unnecessarily excoriated by the terrible NY media because he was black. And even if that is the reason, why did they get Ryan Church, a guy who once said he felt sorry for those poor Jews, because they haven't accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and are therefore condemned to hell. Only half of the Mets' fanbase is Jewish, though, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Anyhoo, I thought I would try to convey how terrible a trade this was by giving similar trade scenarios outside of baseball:


Dtro trades his iPod to his sister for a sony walkman and the Jagged Little Pill cassette.



Peanut trades a case of Sundrop for a bottle of Poland Spring, and a half-eaten sandwich to be named later.


Pankey has announced a trade sending LCT a QP of the chron-don in exchange for two jars of butthash and a Phish poster.


Dtro sells his soul to Lucifer for the ability to do sweet yo-yo tricks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Duncan This is Bobby and I am a Loyal reader and am a met fan too.

Unknown said...

so you have 2 loyal readers and happy birthday.

Roger said...

Hey Duncan its Roger. Is that true about Church and jesus? Damn. Well, happy chanukah!