Saturday, March 1, 2008

Intrenational Bloggery


Greetings loyal reader. Dtro joins you today from Dublin, the first stop on a 10 day jaunt around Ireland. Some quick thoughts:

  • It rains a lot here. Fuck that shit
  • Irish bars at home pretty much have the look right for pubs. They all look the same, with black paint and gold lettering, or something like that.
  • I'm too cheap to buy a bus pass and am tired from walking.
  • A pack of cigarettes cost 7.45 fucking euros. To put that in perspective: that is about $612.
  • In general, shit is pretty expensive and I am pretty broke.
  • Guinness is a little thicker and sweeter. Superior to the stuff in America, but not by so much that people from here should look on us with disdain.
  • William Butler Yeats looks like my grandfather.
  • According to my sister: men with Irish accents sound gay.
That's all for now. Maybe I'll post some more thoughts later in the week.

No comments: