Monday, February 4, 2008

Apologies...not

While I was breaking down whom to root for on the eve of the conference championship games a couple weeks ago, I subtly hinted that Patriots fans might be a little racist in their leanings (because they fucking are):

Fans: (must control rage) Many people know about my disdain for Bostonians and supporters of teams from that area. I'm pretty sure 99% of Pats fans have Welker jerseys to just 1% owning Moss jerseys--take that how you will.



Well, that was a cheap and unfounded shot. To all you Pats fans out there, I just want to say sorr...wait, what? what's that? Bill Simmons, what do you have to say in your queer elegic wrap-up of SB XLII?

5. Much like the Patriots, I choked heading into the weekend: Somehow, I forgot to pack my good-luck Wes Welker jersey and headed to Sunday's game without any Pats gear. Originally intent on buying a Pats hat at the game, once I saw all the jerseys in the stands and in my section, I made the executive decision to fine myself $85 dollars (the price of a white No. 81 Moss jersey at one of those merchandise booths). You can currently find that jersey sitting at the bottom of the garbage can in my hotel room. I might take it home and burn it. I haven't decided yet.


Eat a dick, Pats fans. Eat a dick.



2 comments:

Boyce said...

Funny that his "lucky jersey" is of a player in his first year with the team.

dtro said...

It's ad hoc/post hoc reasoning. Bill bought a Welker jersey and wore it while watching games. The Patriots proceeded to win every game where he wore it. Therefore, the Patriots won because Bill Simmons wore a lucky Welker jersey (and not the jersey of a daahhhkie).

Lisa: Dad, what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers.

Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: I see.

Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.